- 1 package active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 cups warm water
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
1. In a small bowl, mix active dry yeast, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/2 cup warm water. Allow to stand approximately 5 minutes. Yeast will become foamy as it 'eats' the sugar
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, most of the oil (save a little), remaining sugar, remaining water and the yeast preparation. Knead until smooth. Use the a little oil to remove any dough sticking to the sides of the bowl, and to remove dough from fingers. Cover with a towel and place in a warm location until doubled in size, about 2 to 3 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Lightly flour a large pizza sheet (or use cornmeal).
5. Roll dough out and press into circle for large pizza (probably have enough dough to divide into 2 medium pizzas) bake in preheated oven 5 minutes
6. Add pizza toppings such as sauce, cheeses, meats and veggies and continue baking for approx 15minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
Learn More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lahmahjoon