Monday, March 24, 2008

FreeCycle.org

I've been slowly de-cluttering clothes as we grow. So, last weekend I used my local Freecycle.org group to unload some of the used threads. I was so happy to pass on maternity clothes and newborn clothes and have plans to also get rid of the boys' outgrown clothes along with some other recently acquired second-hand items that we don't like. It's fun to browse the group each day and rewarding to imagine that my used stuff is somehow benefiting someone else. I've considered acquiring some other people's used Offers, but since will be moving soon, I think I will just stick to giving for now.


Check out http://frecycle.org to find a local Freecycle (Yahoo) Group near you where you can 'recycle' used household items and save them from the landfills for a little while longer. All the offerings are FREE (really, truly FREE), all you have to do is arrange a pickup with the donor.

No comments: