Saturday, October 17, 2009

Fall Means Yummy Foods


I think sometime in June or July I decided I wasn't 'cooking' anymore. But now that it's fall again I feel inspired to make some warm cozy meals. Here is one of my favorite semi-homemade dishes that makes a great lunch with leftovers.


Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
3/4 lb chicken
1 can Chicken Broth
1 Package Buitoni Linguine Noodles
10-12 Leaves Chopped Basil
2-3 Cloves Pressed Garlic
Mediterranean Spiced Sea Salt
Pepper and Salt or Garlic Salt to Taste

Slightly sear the chicken in a pan with some oil and spiced sea salt.
Add 1 cup of water and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
In a medium pot add chicken broth, 2 cans water and chicken with the 'juice' from the pan.
Add the linguine, basil, garlic and seasoning
Stir, cover and bring to a boil (3-5 minutes)

DONE! And even the kids like it.