Monday, October 19, 2009

Recyled Storage

If you've changed as many diapers as I have, you have a few extra of those plastic baby wipes boxes sitting around. I always feel bad throwing them away so they've been stacking up and filling up with the junk and clutter that seems to collect. I finally decided it was time to tackle my 'office' shelf clutter problem.



How I Did It:
Step 1: Remove lids and spray paint black
Step 2: Glue on some autumn leaves the kids found
Step 3: Divide & Conquer - this means each box if designated for a type of clutter: rouge CDs and DVDs, Office Supplies, Notecards and Business Cards, Cords & Headphones, etc
Step 4: Add Cheap Halloween Decorations for a little color and fun

The result is hidden clutter and recycled junk disguised as something else :) I still hate this shelf, but it' a little better and now the kids get to have the Desk Apprentice for their toys which is lot's of fun for them.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is perfect, spray paint is amazing. Reminds me of the time that my mom would spray paint anything she could, like her Happy Chairs.

The Cheap Chic Momma said...

GOOD idea Kristen! Clutter always looks better when it's hidden in a container. :)

Kristen said...

I loved those happy chairs... until it rained :) I am starting to get carried away with spray paint. The boys are very jealous that I don't let them use it.

The Cheap Chic Momma said...

I know...I just found the wonderful world of spray paint too!