Recipe I found was on AllRecipes.com that had great reviews and I modified it a little. It took me a few searches to find one that did not require sour cream or heavy cream or buttermilk - because I didn't want to go to the store this morning! So this one can be made with everything you have in-stock.
"These cookies you brought are terrible. They're too hard." "They're not cookies, they're scones." "More like stones." Zuri & Bertram from "Jessie" on Disney Channel
Note: I added one extra tsp of baking power because of the above quote :)I wanted fluffy scones, not rocks.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet. I lined mine with tinfoil and greased that for a quicker cleanup.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter.
- Mix the egg and milk in a small bowl, and stir into flour mixture until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly. I added a little extra flour at this step as it was pretty sticky.
- Gently knead by hand into a large rectangle. Sprinkle fresh berries down the middle and fold both ends over so you have a long rectangle that is approximately 3 inches across.
- Cut 12 generously sized triangles
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.